Can you fix examples/VFS/Makefile.in?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 23:20:52 MDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
>> Richard,
>>
>> As you seem to have done the work on the VFS examples recently, I
>> wondered if you could look into poor state of the build farm for the
>> autoconf build at the moment.
>>
>> https://build.samba.org/build.cgi/tree/samba_3_master
>>
>> In particular, builds such as this one:
>> https://build.samba.org/build.cgi/build/d4b86da3cede1a0067d4f152c932a134c9b0db6e
>> seem to fail due to problems with examples/VFS/Makefile.in
>>
>> In particular, I wonder if it might be more portable to go back to a
>> simpler, dumber Makefile that developers just manually substitute on?
>>
>> Either way, it would be good to be running the Samba testsuite on our
>> build farm hosts, for the autoconf build.
>
> OK, I have installed OpenIndiana in a VM, and have upgraded and
> installed the development packaged I think I need.
>
> Now configure.developer is running ... soon I will see if I have
> enough installed. Then I can see what is wrong with
> examples/VFS/Makefile.in

Hmmm, on my VM, I get:

rsharpe at openindiana:~/samba.master/examples/VFS$ make
Compiling skel_opaque.c
Linking skel_opaque.o
Compiling shadow_copy_test.c
Linking shadow_copy_test.o
Compiling skel_transparent.c
Linking skel_transparent.o
rm skel_opaque.o skel_transparent.o shadow_copy_test.o
rsharpe at openindiana:~/samba.master/examples/VFS$

So, now I need to find out what the problem is on that build farm
machine. There is, however, a small but. The Linking message is
slightly wrong.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe