res_ninit configure test and waf/autoconf differences

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 1 22:41:18 MDT 2012

Volker,

I've been working on the differences between the waf and autoconf
configure runs.  I've made good progress, and a series of patches will
shortly be in autobuild to address some of the simple mistakes.

On Linux, we are down to just:

#define HAVE_DECL_RL_EVENT_HOOK 0  (this is a bug in the autoconf test)
#define HAVE_LINUX_XFS_QUOTAS 1 (this is the quotas we know about)
#define HAVE_QUOTACTL_LINUX 1
#define HAVE_NO_AIO 1  (this is because waf uses AIO by default)

One test puzzled me however.  I attach a revert for your addition of a
test for res_ninit.  I've searched the git tree and logs, but I can't
find what it was added for.

Could you shed some light on the puzzle for me?

In the meantime, they (including this one, pending your approval) are at
https://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/configure-fixes

Thanks,