W_ERROR_HAVE_NO_MEMORY and friends

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 1 21:16:25 MDT 2012

I just want to re-state my position more clearly, to avoid being
misunderstood:

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 21:25 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> The one thing I would say is that our coding guidelines should reflect
> the bulk of the recent, modern code we write and work with.  That is, I
> honestly don't read our style guide often, but I'm very much influenced
> by the style of the code I work on.

> At this point I am willing to be convinced either way

As I've said elsewhere, I was surprised by these macros when I first saw
them.  I would prefer that if we keep them, that the macros that do
return, but don't say RETURN or assert be modified to do so.

If we are of a view to remove them, I would like a substantial portion
of our code to be modified to reflect that, so that our code is
consistent with our style guide.  I'm of course happy to review changes
to areas for which I'm familiar.

I hope this clarifies my position,