Migrate from 2k3r2 to Samba4

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:45:19 MDT 2012

Hi Preston,

I'm in the middle of that process right now. I'm migrating our w2003r2
domain to S4 (two servers with dns, dhcp), so we may share experiences
in the process.
I'm also writting this down in spanish and english so I can publish the
process in the wiki to help others do this migration.
At this time I have both servers added to the wAD and DNS servers (bind)
as wDNS slaves working.
I'm giving this a few days to see if no one complaints and then I'm
planning to get the DHCP working and dynamically updating the DNS servers.
I still need to understand the BIND interaction with Samba 4 so I get
sure everything works as supposed, but I need some more time to do this.
The last step in the migration plan is to get Samba 4 as the only domain
servers and see if the clients don't notice the change :-)
Regards.

JPL