How to load existing DNS into Samba4

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at etinternational.com
Tue Jul 31 08:38:44 MDT 2012

All,

I've got a Samba4 server with bind_dlz working.  But I still have my
primary DNS records in another server.  I'd like to load all of my
current DNS into S4 and then migrate clients to point to it.

My question is:  what's the recommended way to do this?  I can create a
text file and run samba_dnsupdate against it but I think that only
handles the forward DNS.  Does anyone have a different script that would
also do the PTR records?  Or is there some other automated way to handle
them?

Thanks,
Brian