Samba Mediaharmony

Andrew Klaassen clawsoon at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 07:48:08 MDT 2012

--- On Sun, 7/29/12, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> I've not looked at this particular case, but in general, requests for
> review with substantial unit tests integrated into the Samba 'make test'
> system are a lot easier to accept, because we know we can't accidentally
> break them.

Makes sense.

The primary thing the module needs to test is which file gets created/accessed/stat'd/deleted on the server's disk when the client makes a request.

For example, if a client running as user 'dave' on IP '10.0.0.1' requests '/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/2/msmMMOB.mdb', the server needs to give it '/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/2/msmMMOB.mdb_dave_10.0.0.1'.

But if a client requests '/foo/bar.abc', it should get that file, not a suffixed version of the file.

Is there any getting-started-with-make-test-on-Samba guide, or any place in the source that'd be particularly useful for me to look at?

Thanks.

Andrew