Samba 4 insufficientAccessRights when modifying Configuration

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at etinternational.com
Mon Jul 30 07:47:38 MDT 2012

I tried using a standard tcpdump -w and then loading the result into
wireshark, but the output for when I use ADSI (MMC) is completely
different and I don't see anything recognizable there.  In fact,
wireshark doesn't even detect the LDAP protcol at all - it's showing
just TCP in the protocol field for all packets.

Might it be encrypted?  If so, how would we go about finding a useful
trace to compare?

Brian