Idmap - s4 AD controller with s3 members

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Mon Jul 30 02:44:53 MDT 2012

Hello,

I have setup an s4 AD controller in my test environment that works fine. When
we will migrate to s4 next month, all of our s3 member server should stay on
s3 for the first time.

Currently our s3 members store their Idmap in LDAP (the same LDAP, where the
old s3 PDC also stores its information in). This is how the s3 members get the
Idmap from LDAP in our s3 environment:
         idmap backend = ldap:ldap://192.168.29.4
         ldap admin dn = uid=samba,ou=Users,dc=mr,dc=lfmg,dc=de
         ldap suffix = dc=mr,dc=lfmg,dc=de
         ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap

What do I have to configure, to have my old UIDs/GIDs on my s3 members
(3.5.16) back?

Thanks.

Regards,
Marc