Samba Mediaharmony

Andrew Klaassen clawsoon at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 12:18:56 MDT 2012

--- On Sun, 7/29/12, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 July 2012 16:18, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org>
> wrote:
> > As far as I know none of the Samba committers use Avid. This means
> > that while we could considering include this VFS module in the source
> > tree, we wouldn't be able to test it and make sure it keeps working.
> >
> > It seems more logical to include the VFS module in ingex
> > (where it lives at the moment anyway), where it can be maintained by
> > those who have developed it and who can actually maintain it.

My Mediaharmony updates for Samba 3 don't live in Ingex, unfortunately, and they're not maintained anywhere other than the Samba Bugzilla page that I opened requesting inclusion in Samba.

The Ingex creator has no interest in updating the Mediaharmony code for Samba 3, and encouraged me to submit it to the Samba project in hopes that it could live there.

If I wrote some unit tests for it, would that make Samba inclusion more likely?

> Andrew Klaassen <clawsoon at yahoo.com> posted some patches for
> MediaHarmony to this list a while ago, but I don't know if
> anything happened with them.  (I don't use MediaHarmony).

They're currently sitting in Bugzilla with a "request for review".  :-)

Andrew