Samba Mediaharmony

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Jul 29 08:18:06 MDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 03:38:49PM +0100, João Santos wrote:
> I'm a huge user of samba in my work and also at home.
> I use Avid media Composer and i would like to have MediaHarmony in
> next samba release. is possible?

> There are many Video productions that use samba and would be great
> to integrate with Avid via MediaHarmony on samba.
As far as I know none of the Samba committers use Avid. This means
that while we could considering include this VFS module in the source tree,
we wouldn't be able to test it and make sure it keeps working.

It seems more logical to include the VFS module in ingex
(where it lives at the moment anyway), where it can be maintained by
those who have developed it and who can actually maintain it.

Cheers,

Jelmer