Can't join as DC on Samba4 Beta4/5

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 27 19:32:44 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 07:21 -0700, Srinath Mantripragada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still having this problem using the last version from git. Any help will be appreciated.

I do apologise for not getting back to you sooner.  This is in internal
error in the code, caused by a patch I added fairly recently trying to
cope with another replication issue.

This attached patch may not fix the issue (but it does change one
critical aspect, that is the DN we were looking for LostAndFound
incorrect), but it will give us much more detail on what is wrong.

HOWEVER:  The fact that this occurs during a DC join means that either
there is a serious issue with your domain (unlikely), or that I have the
fundamental logic here incorrect.  If we were to have succeed in moving
the object to LostAndFound, we may break your parent directory when we
replicate back.

The errors you get from doing the migration will let me know more about
the situation, and hep me try and debug it further.

DO NOT start samba after the join, instead send me back the error
messages and we can figure out what to do from here.

I've put the patch in my drs-lost-and-found branch at
git://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git

The current patch I've attached to my mail, but I may update the branch
if I figure out anything more.

Thanks,