Accessing Windows registry from samba wmic utility

Andrey Kondakov andreykondakov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:37:07 MDT 2012

Hi,

That was my original intention but it turned out that several network
segments (read domains) have pretty restrictive
settings in terms of network access availability. For example, remote
registry service is stopped or port 445 is firewalled.
In fact, wmic is the only mean to access WMI repository and read both
conventional Win32_ classes and registry.

Andrey