Working Samba 3 config serving files with proper permissions via ADS security + Request for samba experts in the UK

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Sun Jul 22 09:06:55 MDT 2012

Hi,

The things you intend to do doesn't really correlate: joining AD can be
justified by the intention of authenticating against it.
Authenticating against passwd/shadow suppose sending plaintext passwords
on the wire, a practice which (possible with some registry hacking on
Windows 98, maybe 2000, not sure that would work with newer versions)

Regards,

Geza Gemes