replacement of talloc

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 04:39:04 MDT 2012

Well,

memset() is not a solution. That is like saying that "I will use
printf() as a substitute for malloc()." It makes no sense.

If your embedded platform does not yet provide you with a basic libc
and malloc()/free() you just have to write them yourself
just like people in embedded systems have had to for ages.
And hook initialization of it into crt0.s

A simple malloc()/free() implementation should not take more than a
few hours/a day to write for a new embedded architecture.

regards
ronnie sahlberg