Microsoft requires the SMB protocol to be changed ...

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Fri Jul 20 16:08:09 MDT 2012

The article states that the hex strings in question were magic constants
used by their HyperV.  Nothing to do with SMB.

Until I see news to the contrary, I won't blame Microsoft as a whole for
this.  One coder making a dimwitted joke that no one at Microsoft caught
because it's not really the kind of thing one goes looking to find.

I think it is interesting, however, that it was caught by an Open Source
coder.  I don't think this would be as likely to go unnoticed in an OSS kernel.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org