Working Samba 3 config serving files with proper permissions via ADS security + Request for samba experts in the UK

Hafeez Bana hafeez.bana at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 04:00:54 MDT 2012

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have samba3 working by joining it to a domain with ADS security
enabled (with no local accounts mirroring the AD accounts)? If so could you
post your config and details of your setup? I've followed the guide but
whenever I try to access the share, I keep getting username/password
prompts which I know I am filling out correctly.

Also if you are are a samba (both 3 and 4) expert and located in the UK -
would love to be able to tap into your expertise for a fee. Please get in
touch.

Regards.
Hafeez