replacement of talloc

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Jul 19 14:18:08 MDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM, akib sayyed <mailing.akib at gmail.com> wrote:
> i am compiling using gnutoolchain  to compile my code. and error is not
> while compiling its while linking
So it has missing symbols, most likely in form of malloc and free.

Your setup is basically a single statically linked program. You would
need to implement memory management on your own. This is actually
easier to be done with talloc as you can simply use a single talloc
pool internally that hands out memory out of a single raw memory
chunk. Since talloc already hides malloc use from the original program
you would need to rewrite few places within talloc where memory is
allocated.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy