Do any of the compilers we care about not support __func__ or __FUNCTION__?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:35:09 MDT 2012

Hi folks,

I am sick of seeing things like:

                                DEBUG(5,("read_fd_with_timeout: "
                                        "blocking read. EOF from client.\n"));
                                return NT_STATUS_END_OF_FILE;

where the name of the calling function has been laboriously typed in
... and there have been cases where code has been moved around and the
function name not corrected.

Are there compilers we care about that do not support __func__ or
equivalent? I would think not because we depend on something like that
and __line__ in the DEBUG macros.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe