replacement of talloc

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 07:49:35 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 15:39 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 07:04:35PM +0530, akib sayyed wrote:
> > I want to run the code on arm and arm dont have memoery management
> > routines. i might need to write them seperately  which involve getting
> > details from kernal. so i want to completely replace talloc and implement
> > normal memory allocating and deallocating.
>
> talloc sits on top of malloc. So you also want to remove
> malloc?

Talloc[1] works just fine on ARM platforms. I've used it in several
applications that run on ARM, including SSSD[2] and certmonger[3].

[1] http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=51670
[2] http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=76111
[3] http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=75956