[ANNOUNCE] Samba 4.0 beta4

Sergey Urushkin urushkin at telros.ru
Thu Jul 19 04:02:16 MDT 2012

17.07.2012 09:08, Andrew Bartlett пишет:
> - When provisioning with --use_rfc2307=yes we will populate the
>   subtree CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,${DOMAINDN}. This makes
>   it possible to manipulate the posix attributes via ADUC.

Hi.
Just tried to make classicupgrade. Here is some feedback:

 1. Users and groups are not populated with "msSFU30NisDomain"
attribute. So, nisdomain isn't chosen by default and if I try to set
nisdomain in a user's unix attributes tab in ADUC by hand, it resets all
attributes (uid,gid,home,shell) to some default value (it doesn't
respect ldb attributes). This is a bug/feature of ADUC, but adding
"msSFU30NisDomain" attribute is a nice workaround.
 2. Users haven't got "gidNumber" attribute. s3 winbind works fine in
this situation, but ADUC is complaining about this. I remember this
attribute was populated correctly earlier...
 3. Groups (and users) haven't got "msSFU30Name".  Seems it doesn't have
any meaning for users in ADUC, but for groups it means that "Primary
group" list  (in the user's unix attributes tab) contains gids instead
of names.
 4. As I wrote earlier Administrator and Guest doesn't get its uid/gid
after upgrade.
 5. I see Nisdomain is called as classic domain by default. It would be
really nice to have an ability to change this name and/or at least
disable creating it at all in samba-tool.

So, for me I found sufficient user and group ldifs needed to make ADUC
work normally (with already populated cn=ypServ30 and objectClass: posix*):
USER:
dn: cn=$USER,$USERSDN
changetype: modify
replace: msSFU30NisDomain