Need urgent help with samba4 DC re-join

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 18 00:03:17 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 07:10 +0200, Andreas Oster wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> unfortunately dbcheck did not work. The following error messages showed up:
>
> ERROR: wrong instanceType 11 on DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=novanetwork,DC=loc,
> should be 13
> ERROR(<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>): uncaught exception -
> 'dbcheck' object has no attribute 'modify_instancetype'
>   File

Thanks.  I've updated my branch with what I hope will be a fix.  This
time I've modified a local DB to replicate your error condition, and
confirmed it all works.

However, it will only allow the instanceType to be changed, the
objectClass can't be fixed yet.  But if you can confirm what I have so
far works for you, I'll see what I can do about the rest.

Thanks,