[ANNOUNCE] Samba 4.0 beta4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 17 17:37:02 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 15:21 +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 17.07.2012 07:08, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> > - When provisioning with --use_rfc2307=yes we will populate the
> >    subtree CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,${DOMAINDN}. This makes
> >    it possible to manipulate the posix attributes via ADUC.
>
> Can this be used on upgrading by classicupgrade too? Or only when doing a
> fresh installation?

I think it's actually on by default in that case.

> And one more questions about posix attributes:
> Is there a way to get automatically free UIDs assigned and filled into the
> attribute fields or do I always have to do this by myself (find a free UID and
> assign it) when I create users?

This we have been discussing in some of the other threads.  In short,
distributed ID assignment is hard, so far we only have this for the RID.
The schema provides for a store of a 'next' value, but it is not
multi-master replication safe, but is used as a default next UID/GID
value when adding users with the GUI.