Samba4 patch for manipulating Unix attributes via ADUC

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Sat Jul 14 01:35:25 MDT 2012

>>> I looked to see what precedent we could follow.  The ldapsam:editposix
>>> behaviour is to ask winbind for an id from the idmap pool at runtime,
>>> but that won't help us specify a fixed base for these attributes.
>>>
>>> I don't like just leaving this, particularly if it defaults to 10000 in
>>> the GUI (as then we have no control, and we might know that 10000 is
>>> unsuitable), but I would like time to think about this more before we
>>> put this into the provision.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Andrew Bartlett
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First, I interpret your answer as the following (correct me if I'm wrong):
>>
>> In the case of classicupgrade populate the
>> msSFU30MaxUidNumber/msSFU30MaxGidNumber attributes
> I actually meant the opposite.  For now, don't populate them ever, while
> I keep thinking about what the right thing to do is.
>
>> Second, sorry for whining, but I'm simply too stupid to see the problem
>> with the following code:
>>
>> urls = samba3.lp.get("passdb backend").split(":",1)[1].strip('"')
>> res = None
>> for url in urls.split():
>>       print "URL OK: "+url+"!"
>>       ldb = SamDB(url, session_info=system_session(samba3.lp),
>> credentials=creds, lp=samba3.lp)
>>       print "ldb OK!"
>>       domain_dn = ldb.domain_dn()
>>       try:
>>           res = ldb.search(domain_dn, scope=ldb.SCOPE_SUBTREE,
>> expression=("(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%u))"
>>                                      % (user)), attrs=[attr])
>>       except LdbError:
>>           continue
>>       if res != None:
>>           return res
>>       else:
>>           continue
>>
>> The prints are for debugging. The only thing I can get of it is th url
>> part. "ldb OK!" never gets printed, neither any error message. So I
>> don't know what could happen in the ldb = SamDB(... part. the url is
>> checked, the credentials part is initialized with the ldap admin dn and
>> the corresponding password from secrets.tdb, also checked. I'm simply
>> out of ideas.
> Run the script under gdb or valgrind.  I bet it's crashing.
> eg
> gdb --args python /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba-tool domain classicupgrade
>
> valgrind python /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba-tool domain classicupgrade
>
> This may give some clues.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hi,

Unfortunately you lose. It is running without problem, except the
ldb=samDB line and below (which is part of a function called for every
user to be migrated). The only (seems to be a red herring) error message
is at the beginning of the execution: no talloc stackframe around,
leaking memory
and valgrind reports lots of memory leaks in (seems to be) unrelated
functions, but tested with a pristine upgrade.py and the situation seems
to be the same.

Cheers

Geza