Still getting errors with samba

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 13 17:15:24 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 16:49 -0300, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
> Hi Amitay,
>
> I've been trying to fix my install with the help of Ricky and we managed
> to remove some of the errors at config time but still get the same error
> when I ldbsearch:
>
> ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/dns/sam.ldb -b
> "DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy" "(objectClass=dnsZone)"
> unable to load samba_dsdb from /usr/lib64/ldb/samba_dsdb.so:
> /usr/lib64/ldb/samba_dsdb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> WARNING: Module [samba_dsdb] not found
> search error - No such Base DN: DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy
>
> In your mail you typed DC=DC=.... which I thought was a typo so I
> corrected it (just DC= and also tried DN=DC=---) as sometimes it just
> returns WARNING: Module [samba_dsdb] not found search error - No such
> Base DN: DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy but not the unable to load.
>

> This is happening in both of my servers, so I don't think it's just
> something related to the git tree.

This indicates that your installation of ldbsearch is looking for ldb
modules in /usr/lib64/ldb/

For the timebeing, un-install that system installation of ldb-devel,
rebuild Samba and use the ldbsearch Samba builds.  (It is possible to
use the system ldbsearch in the right circumstances, but it will be
simpler to just use it as one bundle from git while we get you started).

Thanks,