Samba4: idmap replication between 2 DC's

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 13 01:49:12 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 09:03 +0200, steve wrote:

> Hi Andrew, hi everyone

> Conclusion 2:
>   idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
> does not work when gidNumber is in AD
>
> Summary,
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
> uidNumber in AD works
> gidNumber in AD does not work
>
> Can you help me sort the gidNumber?

This would be significantly less frustrating for all of us if you would
attempt debugging the source yourself.

I'm sure this isn't a difficult bug to solve, so why not give it a go.

Some starting hints:
 - git grep gidNumber
 - increase debug level to cover any existing, relelvent debug
statements
 - Add debug statements to cover the full flow control of any apparently
relevant functions:
   DEBUG(0, ("debug message"));
 - start samba under gdb using :
   gdb --args samba -i -M single
 - use samba_start_debugger() to launch gdb under particular conditions

I know you have said this is beyond you, but I do believe this is a
skill you can learn.