Samba4: idmap replication between 2 DC's

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Jul 12 06:41:00 MDT 2012

On 12/07/12 11:25, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 21:23 +0200, Gémes Géza wrote:

>> If you put
>> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>> in your smb.conf then setting the uids gids in AD will guarantee that
>> they are the same across your samba4/s3fs servers, because then they
>> will get that from AD instead of their private idmap (with a fail-back
>> to idmap, if the entry has no uid/gid set).
>
> Gémes,
>
> Indeed, this is exactly the purpose for which this was implemented.  I'm
> glad you find it useful!
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hi everyone
But as you can see with my examples, this does not work. Maybe this only
works with one DC?

Create a <user> with rfc2307 attributes on DC1.
Running wbinfo -i <user> on DC2 ignores the uidNumber and adds it's own
unrelated xidNumber to idmap.ldb causing uidNumber clashes with existing
users.

If I set uidNumber to x then we need it to be x everywhere, not just on
one DC

Cheers,
Steve

Cheers,