Samba 4 still crawling on the floor

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 06:20:25 MDT 2012

On 11/07/12 21:18, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Juan Pablo Lorier <jplorier at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Amitay,
>>
>> Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately
>>
>>   ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/dns/sam.ldb -b
>> "DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy" "(objectClass=dnsZone)"
>> unable to load samba_dsdb from /usr/lib64/ldb/samba_dsdb.so:
>> /usr/lib64/ldb/samba_dsdb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>> or directory
>> WARNING: Module [samba_dsdb] not found
>> search error - No such Base DN:
>> DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy
> That explains why DLZ module fails to open the SAM database. This
> looks like the problem with your installation. Did you build samba
> code yourself? Can you make sure "make install" step succeeded
> successfully?
>
>> The library is not in the git tree (at least not in mine), do I have to do
>> something else?
>> Regards,
> This library is definitely being built. How are you building samba?
>
> Amitay.
Hi Amitay,

I always run configure.developer && make && make install and at the end
I check it says "successful" at the end of the install (as if there were
any errors in the previous steps, it shouldn't go on till the install).
I'll try it again and see if this starts working.
I'll let you know the results.
Regards,

JPL