Samba 4 still crawling on the floor

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:57:12 MDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 4:32 AM, Juan Pablo Lorier
<jplorier at montecarlotv.com.uy> wrote:
> Hi Geza,
>
> Actually I do have it declared. I have commented them out and bind started
> in the server that was not starting. But how does the other with the exact
> same versions and configs does start?
> And if I don't declare the zones, how does bind knows which are it's zones?
> it's all in the tldb?
> Regards,

DLZ module loads the zones from the AD database. If you want to know
what all zones are available in your AD database, you can use the
following query.

  ldbsearch -H /path/to/sam.ldb -b
"DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy"
"(objectClass=dnsZone)"

This command will list all the zones defined in your AD database.
Those zones will be loaded by BIND via DLZ plugin. To check the
messages from named you can start bind as follows:

  /usr/sbin/named -u bind -f -g

It will display all the messages on the console and you should see
lines with samba_dlz that mention the zones loaded.

Amitay.