After upgrading from alpha18 to beta2 ports 139 and 445 are no longer bound

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Tue Jul 10 16:47:02 MDT 2012

Hi Andreas,

> Am 10.07.2012 18:07, schrieb Thomas Hood:
>> We are currently running 4.0.0~alpha18.dfsg1-4ubuntu2 (on Ubuntu
>> 12.04) as an AD domain controller for a small LAN.  When I upgrade to
>> 4.0.0~beta2+dfsg1-1 ports 139 and 445 are no longer bound and Windows
>> clients can no longer join the domain, among other problems.

if it is the same package as on debian wheezy
(samba4_4.0.0~beta2+dfsg1-1_i386.deb), then the package is probably
missing the smbd/nmbd binaries. On a fresh install, "dpkg -L samba4 |
grep smbd" returns nothing.

Last week I had to "make install" from the deb source package to get the
corresponding binaries, and then everything was fine. It looks like a
packaging problem.

Cheers,

Denis

--