Samba 4 still crawling on the floor

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:57:30 MDT 2012

On 10/07/12 13:09, Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello Juan Pablo:
>
>> Thanks for the hint, but it seems to fail on my setup as the samba log shows
>> UpdateRefs failed with WERR_DS_DRA_BUSY/NT code 0xc00020f6 for
>> c341141f-9731-4860-978d-dc5012d989e9._msdcs.montecarlotv.com.uy
>> DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy
> In my case work fine, I have Windows 2008 R2 and Samba 4 beta. Try to mount a new windows domain and join it samba4 beta2 to check the process.
>
> Regards, Carlos
>
> La Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas en su 60 Aniversario. Fundada el 30 de noviembre de 1952. Vis?tenos en:  http://www.uclv.edu.cu

The thing is that I need it to work with my existing domain as it's the
productive one and the one we need to replace with samba. We have 2003
and instead of migrating to 2008 or 2012 we plan to use samba as the
domain servers. That's why I'm so eager to get this working, so we can
test it in parallel with the windows servers and detect the bugs asap so
by the time that RC or final release is made, we can migrate "saftly".
I need first to convince the bosses that this is a good way to go, and
starting the hole domain over is not a chance.
Thanks anyway, every comment is much appreciated as all of them give me
a new path to check a possible way to fix my setup.
Regards,

Juan Pablo Lorier