How to get DNS replication working properly?

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:45:34 MDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

Don't need to apologise, I know that all of you must be under a lot of
pressure at this time, I just needed to call for someone's attention to
be able to get any progress to report to my superiors in order to get
samba still on the table.
Samba is started in one of the servers, but in the other I get an error
with samba_dlz that I just mentioned to Amitay.
In the one running bind, now (beta3) I get data that I didn't get by
beta2, but still even running dnsupdate I don't get all the records from
the DNS that I get from the windows DNS.
If I use samba-toot I get an error that never had with previous compiles:

/usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool dns query sambadc1
jgimenez-nb.montecarlotv.com.uy @ ALL -U administrador
Password for [CANAL4\administrador]:
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9714,
'WERR_DNS_ERROR_NAME_DOES_NOT_EXIST')
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 160, in _run
     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dns.py",
line 967, in run
     None)

About the replica, I found some of this events in the windows logs of
both AD servers:

Tipo de suceso:    Error
Origen del suceso:    NTDS Replication
Categoría del suceso:    Replicación