Samba 4 still crawling on the floor

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jul 9 18:42:08 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 10:26 +1000, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Juan Pablo Lorier <jplorier at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've posted a couple of times the outputs I get in my two samba servers but
> > had no luck in getting a useful reply.
> > If anyone can give me a hand, it'll be welcome.
> > Andrew, I know that you may be really busy with all this going on, but I
> > replied twise your post and had no answer at all. If you can't help. please
> > point me to whom I should write to get DNS working maybe before final
> > release ;-)
> > Regards,
>
> There are still some issues with replication of DNS partitions. There
> are few people on the list who seem to have got successful replication
> of DNS zones. Andrew may be able to provide more information in this
> regard. If you have any other issues getting DLZ module to work, let
> me know. I should be able help you with those.

As I understand it, the outstanding issues are:
 - you still have to run samba_upgradedns because while I change the
join code to create a dns.keytab, I forgot to create the matching
account in AD (ouch!)
 - any general replication issues

On general replication, I've been trying to solve the 'segfault if a
dcerpc bind times out doing krb5' issue.  This long-painful issue is
proving even more difficult than I imagined to sort out.