Upgrading from Samba4 Alpha13

Scott Jordahl scott at jordahl.com
Thu Jul 5 14:04:59 MDT 2012

Hi:

 >Users upgrading from Samba 4.0 alpha and beta releases since alpha15
 >should run 'samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix'.  Users upgrading
 >from earlier alpha releases should contact the team for advice.

I have a client that is currently running Samba4 Alpha13. I'm looking to
upgrade them to Beta3. As per the README, how should I do this? It's a
small installation, about a dozen users/computers and 6 file shares.
Should I run upgrade_provision and then dbcheck, or ???

OS: Ubuntu x64 10.04 LTS

Thanks,

-- Scott