Questions about smb.conf parameters and variables

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Tue Jul 3 13:39:23 MDT 2012

Hello,

Am 03.07.2012 20:22, schrieb Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rodriguez:
> The following parameters have been removed:
>
> The following parameters have been added:

Many thanks for this great, helpfull list. May I ask, where you find it?

>> Also a question about the logs: In my s3 live environment I used
>> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>> to have per-machine-logfiles what makes the logs very clearly. But variables
>> seem not be supportet (yet) in s4. What are the new thoughts to have clear
>> logfiles for easily finding problems (e.g. for one special machine) in samba4?
>
> To enable support for logs during "configure" pass this option: "--with-syslog --with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba"
> for example:
> ./configure.developer --with-syslog --with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba

I already use --with-logfilebase, but this doesn't allow me to have one log
per machine. In samba 3x I could configure
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
to have one *.log file per machine, what makes it easy to find errors/problems
produced by this one machine. s4 doesn't know the %-variables any more, it seems.

Regards,
MArc