NTLM Authentification

Cédric Carlen carlen.cedric at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 02:44:05 MDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to change my passwod when an user in log on his session XP. But
at the closure of the session I see this in the log :

  ntlm_password_check: Checking NTLMv2 password with domain [TEST]
  ntlm_password_check: Checking NTLMv2 password with uppercased version of
domain [TEST]
  ntlm_password_check: Checking NTLMv2 password without a domain
  ntlm_password_check: NTLMv2 password check failed
  ntlm_password_check: Lanman passwords NOT PERMITTED for user pop
  ntlm_password_check: Checking LMv2 password with domain TEST
  ntlm_password_check: Checking LMv2 password with upper-cased version of
domain TEST
  ntlm_password_check: Checking LMv2 password without a domain
  ntlm_password_check: Checking NT MD4 password in LM field
  ntlm_password_check: LM password and LMv2 failed for user pop, and NT MD4
password in LM field not permitted
  check_winbind_security: Not using winbind, requested domain [TEST] was
for this SAM.
  check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [pop] -> [pop] FAILED with
error NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD

When in smb.conf it's write "security = share" it's working but with
"security = user" or "domain" I see this logs

Thanks for your help,

Flake