Samba 4.0 beta3 Tomorrow, please update WHATSNEW!

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Jul 1 16:31:15 MDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 08:11:37AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Time flies, and as per the published schedule, Samba 4.0 beta3 is due
> tomorrow!
>
> Of course, I'll block the beta waiting for at least the initial fix for
> the thread-specific UID issue (now found to be 32 bit linux only).

Thanks. What I'll do is disable the thread-specific uid enable
tests for now until I have a test setup to ensure it works on both
64-bit and 32-bit Linux systems.

This will leave the samba_XXX rename in place, but Steve
already confirmed that worked with his system once he
disabled the USE_LINUX_THREAD_CREDENTIALS = 1. So this
won't be a blocker for the beta - you'll see it once
my autobuild completes.

> Other than that, please let me know if there is any other issue that
> must be resolved before the release, and ensure that any features you
> are particularly keen on seeing in the WHATSNEW are mentioned.

Great work ! Keep the momentum coming !

Cheers,

	Jeremy.