getpass regressions on Solaris/Illumos - 3.6 and master.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jan 31 12:43:45 MST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 09:21:39PM -0500, Ira Cooper wrote:
> The regression is that people keep forgetting the header file that needs to be
> included to make getpass work on Solaris and other non-linux OSes.
>
> add_getpass.patch is almost right.  I missed 2 lines.  I've added them to the
> attached patch.  (I believe it is me, being pedantic, but...)
>
> As far as making it require getpassphrase: I don't think getpassphrase is on
> Linux, is it?  And I'm not sure about the other platforms that may exist with
> ok getpass but not a getpassphrase.

Well it's really ensuring we have a >8 character working function,
so calling it something different (smb_get_password() ?) would do
just as well. But I suppose we'd still be left with the "does the
underlying function do the right thing" problem.

I guess it's just best to push what you have here.

> I'm ok with what is attached here. :)

Ok, I'll push (and ensure it gets into 3.5.next and 3.6.next).

Jeremy.