DNS zones replication

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 03:02:33 MST 2012

Hi Samba team,
I've some (maybe stupid) questions.

I have two samba4 AD DCs on the same domain.
At the moment one of them also acts as DNS for my network with bind9_dlz
(kdc01) while the other (kdc02) no.
kdc01 runs on a VM while kdc02 is a physical machine.

Would it be possible (now or in the future) to replicate also the
DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones partitions between the DCs to allow
the bind_dlz module to work also on the second DC?

When that partitions are replicated between DCs, what will be the
topology of the zones? Will I have many SOAs? The DNSs will act all as
"masters" and the replication keeps them synced so we don't allow zone
transfer between DNSs?

Thanks,
Daniele.