tdb and ldb

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Tue Jan 31 01:54:27 MST 2012

On Tuesday 31 January 2012 10:37:03 you wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:39:13 +0100, Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org> wrote:
> > Hi Rusty,
> >
> > today I've tried to package the latest master tree and it didn't work.
> > I've
> > built it so that Samba4 is using the system libraries of talloc, tevent,
> > tdb and ldb. This fails cause the ldb configure check doesn't find tdb.
> Yes, you need to --enable-tdb2=false if you want to use the system tdb.

The error message is:

ERROR: Use of system library ldb depends on missing system library talloc tdb
tevent

It says tdb and not tdb2, I think this confuses 99% of the people ... ;)

> > a) Take a look at lib/ldb/wscript, line 31 ff. you find the configure
> > checks for ldb. I can see tdb_compat twice.
> >
> > b) conf.CHECK_BUNDLED_SYSTEM_PKG() for ldb is looking for tdb but it
> > doesn't find it.
>
> Because it's looking for tdb2 now.  Perhaps it's time to export tdb2 as
> a shared library as well?

Yes, or document that if you use system ldb you need to disable tdb2.

Thanks,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org