samba-tool domain join (W2k)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 30 14:25:36 MST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 12:50 +0000, Axel Lang wrote:
> > Hi Matthias and Dirk,
> > we also have two old win2k server (still running) and i will try to
> perform this
> > test in the next few days.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Axel
> >

> Hi Matthias,
> i applied your patch to my testcomputer and got a new error:
>

> ERROR(<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>): uncaught exception
> - 'No such element'
>   File "bin/python/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 167, in _run
>     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "bin/python/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 162, in run
>     machinepass=machinepass)
>   File "bin/python/samba/join.py", line 962, in join_DC
>     ctx.do_join()
>   File "bin/python/samba/join.py", line 867, in do_join
>     ctx.join_add_objects()
>   File "bin/python/samba/join.py", line 509, in join_add_objects
>     ctx.key_version_number = int(res[0]["msDS-keyVersionNumber"][0])
>
> I hope this is not related to an error on my side.
> Kind regards
> Axel

Axel,

Thank you very much for your testing.  This is important, because you
have uncovered an new issue with the join.py script.  We need to catch
this exception, because Windows 2000 servers do not return a
msDS-keyVersionNumber attribute (essentially, it is always 0).

It also confirms that Matthias' patch is correct for the first issue, as
otherwise we would not get this far.

Thanks!