DNS updates denied?

Mike Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 12:19:58 MST 2012

On 26/01/2012 18:41, Charles Tryon wrote:
> What do you use for credentials?  I tried running it as both my user and as
> root, and it gave me an error:
>    tkey query failed: GSSAPI error: Major = Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor
> code may provide more information, Minor = Credentials cache file
> '/tmp/krb5cc_0' not found.

Hi Charles,

Funny thing here is, I've used dnsupdate to manually update dns (with a
static address to test) and it just appeared to work. Simply did, on the
samba box, as root;

dnsupdate -g
 > server NS1.MYDOMAIN
 > realm MYDOMAIN
 > update add firewall.mydomain 84600 A 192.168.3.1
 > send
 > quit

and hey presto. Not much use with lots of dynamic clients though :)

Regards,
Mike.
--
Any question is easy if you know the answer!