DNS updates denied?

Charles Tryon charles.tryon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:35:54 MST 2012

DNS Policy question:  I've finally found a way for DHCP on my Samba system
to securely update the DNS records (bind9.8/DLZ) using a script to get a
proper Kerberos ticket.  The odd part is that the Windows boxes themselves
are trying to update their own records every time they renew the DHCP
lease... and they are getting denied.  Is that because of the fact that
they didn't originally *create* the A, AAAA and PTR records?

--
    Charles Tryon