idmap.ldb

Ali Bendriss ali.bendriss at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 25 04:38:53 MST 2012

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Ali Bendriss
>
> <ali.bendriss at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it ok to share idmap.ldb between 2 samba4 servers ?
> > I've done a try using a shared gfs2 partition (on a shared storage),
> > it seems to work but is it safe ?
> >
> > Or is there a better to keep idmap.ldb in sync between the servers ?
>
> ctdb is the way to do this.

Hi,

I was not able to make ctdb working with samba (binary).
I was not able as well to tell samba to use an other database than ldb, It's
why I am looking for an other way to share the id mapping via idmap.ldb

And as I don't anymore use tdb2 for idmap, I'm using ctdb only to manage the
public IP and monitore smbd, bind, samba.
I've commented "clustering = yes" in smb3.conf

thanks,

--
Ali