samba-tool domain join (W2k)

Dirk Gouders gouders at et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de
Tue Jan 24 01:44:45 MST 2012

Dirk Gouders <gouders at et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de> writes:

> Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer <mdw at samba.org> writes:
>
>> Hi Dirk,
>>
>> we are coming back to you since we have developed a solution. Please
>> test the following patch and tell us if it worked out:
>> http://gitweb.samba.org/samba.git/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=b2fc29f98e493f31129bbd9db07f3a5f7e294eb7
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I probably need some time for the test, because shortly after
> having replaced it by Samba4, the w2k server in question showed hardware
> problems.  I'll try to perform the test after the weekend and come back with
> reports.

Hi Matthias,

first of all: sorry for the long delay.

I had a look at out w2k server and unfortunately the system is so broken
that it does not boot completely up to the point where it starts running
it's AD services.  So, I cannot use that machine to perform the test and
we have no other w2k server that I could use for that purpose.

Best regards,

Dirk