ldb: unable to stat module ${PREFIX}/modules/ldb : No such file or directory ???

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 18 14:23:18 MST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 12:05 -0500, Charles Tryon wrote:
> Version 4.0.0alpha18-GIT-e75c436
>
> This one has me stumped....
>
> On one of my test systems, I've gotten into the situation where ALL of the
> Samba tools that I try to use (upgradeprovision, samba-tool, etc) give me
> the following error:
>
> ldb: unable to stat module ${PREFIX}/modules/ldb : No such file or directory
>
> The various scripts don't exactly fail outright, but nothing really
> works...  I can't rerun the provisioning and as a result I can't restart
> the server.  This seems like it must be some environment thing, but I don't
> have a clue why it would suddenly break on only one of my systems.  =8-0

Jumping back to the head of the thread.

Your rebuild fixed things because you reconfigured.  The ./configure
script should be run after every git pull.  (Most of us do not do this,
but if you see strange behaviour such as this, it is a good clue that it
has been too long).

See also

buildtools/bin/waf reconfigure

For an attempt to automatically guess if it has been 'too long'.