ldb: unable to stat module ${PREFIX}/modules/ldb : No such file or directory ???

Charles Tryon charles.tryon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:05:03 MST 2012

Version 4.0.0alpha18-GIT-e75c436

This one has me stumped....

On one of my test systems, I've gotten into the situation where ALL of the
Samba tools that I try to use (upgradeprovision, samba-tool, etc) give me
the following error:

ldb: unable to stat module ${PREFIX}/modules/ldb : No such file or directory

The various scripts don't exactly fail outright, but nothing really
works...  I can't rerun the provisioning and as a result I can't restart
the server.  This seems like it must be some environment thing, but I don't
have a clue why it would suddenly break on only one of my systems.  =8-0

--
    Charles Tryon