Active Directory join gets lost when restarting Samba after 30 days - Samba 3.4.9

Rene Weber web_rene at gmx.de
Wed Jan 18 07:40:53 MST 2012

Hi there,

I hope someone of you can help me. I have already spent several days on
google and in different forums without any results.

I have several machines beeing joined to Win2003 or Win2008 Active
directories ( test environments ) using Samba Version 3.4.9 with Winbind.

After having joined by setting up my Config, using 'kinit' and 'net ads
join', it is possible to list AD Users and Groups using 'wbinfo -u' and
'wbinfo -g' without any problems.
These Users can now be defined as as 'valid users' in our samba share
config, which is actually the only purpose we need it for.

After these steps, everthings looks fine but after a serveral amount of
time we run into a Problem:

When restarting Samba after it was joined and has worked for about 1 Month
( 1 Week is not enough ), we do not receive AD users nor groups by
executing 'wbinfo'.
I checked the Logs and found message 'Pre-Authentication failed' in my
Samba Logfiles.
On our Domaincontrollers eventlog, I get
  - Event ID 5722: Permission denied
  - Event ID 4625: Logon Failure - Username is correct but Password is not
valid

Actually, I thought, this machine would authenticate using the Machine
password once it has joined? Furthermore I thought Samba tries to change
the machine password once a week by default ( machine password timeout =
604800 ).

For making the machine list all users again, I need to do a full 'net ads
join' using an administrator account and password...

Any Ideas or suggestions?? Am I missing something in my Config?

smb.conf
---------

	bind interfaces only = false
	client schannel = no