S4 Probs..

Collen cblijenberg at hermanjordan.nl
Mon Jan 16 08:44:24 MST 2012

Hi all,

i actually got 2 bugs/errors in samba 4

1st: since this week (or the week before) i got an error
if i want to querty the sam.ldb
did a git pull from today, prob is still there..

--------------
ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb samaccountname=collen

WARNING: Module [samba_dsdb] not found - do you need to set
LDB_MODULES_PATH?
Unable to load modules for /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb: (null)
Failed to connect to /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb - (null)
--------------

2nd, and more important for me.

if i have more then aprox 950 ~ 1000 users in my s4 database
wbinfo -u gives me an error. (talloc magic value)

i reported it before, but i thought it was my problem
because i was busy migrating from s3 -> s4

today i manually added users (in batch of 250, net user add USER PASS)
after 950+ the error arose again.

samba4 seems to function normally, but the 950+ problem
gives me also problems if i want to use an external winbind (s3) server

Cheers,

Collen.