upgrade reference

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Jan 13 08:42:19 MST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 12:47 -0600, Ricky Nance wrote:
> Here are some VERY ROUGH notes I made on the migration process, I have been
> meaning to put this up in a samba upgrade wiki, but haven't as of yet.
> Also, you will want to add ldapsam:trusted = yes, and realm =
> samdom.org(name of your realm, this is noted) to your existing
> smb.conf in the
> [global] section. If you have any questions, hit me up, or hit up the list.

Copy smb.conf and all the TDB files to the test/new server.
mkdir /tmp/x
scp root at littleboy.mormail.com:/etc/samba/smb.conf /tmp/x
scp -r root at littleboy.mormail.com:/var/lib/samba/* /tmp/x
scp -r root at littleboy.mormail.com:/etc/samba/secrets.tdb /tmp/x

Tweak the smb.conf you copied over:
  set "realm = YOUR-AD-DOMAIN"
  set "private dir = /tmp/x"
  fix your ldap reference, in case it points to ldapi:// etc,,. to
something that will work from the test server.

samba-tool domain samba3upgrade --dbdir=/tmp/x  /tmp/x/smb.conf

The latest versions work great here.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>