smbcli connection using public libs only

Catalin Patulea cat at vv.carleton.ca
Mon Jan 9 22:49:11 MST 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> BTW, for the readdir-after-stat you can just use an extended
> infolevel for the trans2 findfirst/findnext. You don't need
> the qpathinfo for *that* problem.
That would be fantastic, but unfortunately the details might not add
up :-( In short, it's unclear to me whether any findfirst/findnext
infolevel would provide an inode number, which SMBC_stat gets from
qpathinfo2 at infolevel SMB_QUERY_FILE_ALL_INFO. I can't just ignore
the inode number, because gvfsd-smb does pass it up the stack.

The confusing part is that qpathinfo2_recv [1] reads the inode number
from byte offset 64. MSDN documents this offset as 'ULONG EaSize' [2].
The other offsets, for atime, mtime, size, etc., match up with the
struct. Is MSDN incorrect (or incomplete) here?

Thanks a lot (to everyone) for taking the time to look at this!

Catalin

[1] source3/libsmb/clirap.c:829 (cli_qpathinfo2_recv())
[2] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff469889(v=PROT.13).aspx